The Asia-Pacific Association for International Education annual conference provides a program of workshops and sessions to ensure delegates are at the forefront of international education practices and trends of the Asia-Pacific region.
In 2019, APAIE’s program of pre-conference workshops and parallel sessions will focus on the 2019 conference theme of Diversity and Inclusivity of Higher Education in the Asia Pacific. To be part of the APAIE 2019 program, your proposal will have a clear connection to the conference theme, and where applicable, your nominated sub-theme. It will meet the selection criteria listed below.
In line with the conference theme, group submissions should demonstrate “diversity and inclusivity” amongst their presenters. Groups with representation across the Asia Pacific are encouraged.
NOTE: An individual may be part of up to 3 submissions in total, regardless of type.
The following types of submissions will be considered:
Workshops take place on Mon 25th March 2019, 9.30am-12.30noon.
3 hours, including a brief tea/coffee break.
For each workshop:
- Up to 4 individuals may be part of the Workshop Provider team.
- Up to 2 workshop facilitators will be granted complimentary conference registration with the remaining facilitators offered speaker registration rate.
Parallel sessions take place Tues 26th to Thurs 28th March 2019.
Delivery mode options:
- Presentation or panel session
World Café-style session
- Individual or group of up to 3 presenters
- 30 or 60 minutes
- Session chairs are assigned by APAIE
- Structured, interactive, small group, round table discussions of the same topic from different perspectives or sub-topics. Chair introduces topic, each facilitator gives a brief overview from their particular perspective and take a table apiece. Participants choose a table of the facilitator whose discussion they’d like to join. Depending on structure and time, participants may move around to other facilitators’ tables.
- 60 or 90 minutes
- Chair plus up to 4 facilitators
- Presenters, chairs/facilitators are eligible to register at the speaker rate.
Poster presentations take place during coffee breaks over Tues 26th to Thurs 28th March 2019.
- Up to 2 presenters per poster.
- Poster presenters are eligible to register at the speaker rate.
As more proposals are submitted than can be accommodated, the selection committee considers the following criteria when making their assessment.
- Overall quality of proposal
- Connection and relevance to the conference theme and nominated sub-theme (where applicable)
- Clarity of objectives
- Sound academic content and basis
- Relevance to the Asia-Pacific region
- Proposed content is not a promotion of your products, services nor organisation. (You may use your organisation as an example or case study to support the aim of your presentation but it must be balanced with other examples or case studies.)
- Interest to an APAIE audience: How topical, innovative, and new is the perspective presented?
Key Dates: Pre-Conference Workshops, Sessions and Poster
|Proposal Submission Deadline
||17 Sep 2018
|Notification of Acceptance
||31 Oct 2018
* Confirmed speakers will be informed via email.
* Workshop providers are entitled to up to two (2) complimentary conference registrations and two (2) speaker-rate registrations.
* Session chairs, speakers and facilitators, and Poster presenters are entitled to register at the speaker rate.
* Registration codes will be provided as applicable.
*The abstract submission is closed. Please contact email@example.com for further enquiries.Thank you for your support.